- Home Page
- Islamic States
- Bosnia & HerZegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cote d' Ivoire
- The Gambia
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- Somali Republic
- Republic of UGANDA
- United Arab Emirates
- Photo Gallery
- New Muslims
- Special file for Pakistan
- Union of Islamic World Students
- Special File for Burning Quran
- Special Files
- Presidential Election
- Islamic Unity Week
- International Islamic Awakening and Youths Conference
- \"The First International Festival of Muslim Women's Print Media\"
- Martyr Burhanuddin Rabbani
- Severe Famine in Somalia
- New Wave of Islamic Awareness
- Special File for Hajj
- Special File for Pakistan
- Special File for Quran Desecration
- Plan of Relief Aid to Flood-Stricken People of Pakistan
Russia Ready to Host New Meeting on Syria was due in Baghdad on Tuesday for talks with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki on the Syrian crisis.
"Kofi Annan arrived in Baghdad to discuss a couple issues, including Syria."
"He will meet Maliki and leave," the official said on condition of anonymity.
Government spokesman Ali Dabbagh said that Anan "is going to discuss Syria issues."
Annan's visit to Iraq -- his first to Baghdad in his role as UN and Arab League peace envoy -- comes after a trip to Tehran and one to Damascus earlier in the week.
He was due to hold a joint news conference with Maliki later.
Earlier on Tuesday, Annan said that Iran has a positive role in the Syrian crisis.
For its part, Tehran reiterated its full support for Annan's peace plan aimed at ending the Syria crisis, saying that it should be fully implemented to restore stability.
"We expect that Mr Annan will continue his efforts to bring about stability and peace in Syria and the region," Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said at a joint news conference in Tehran with the former UN Secretary General.